Thursday, October 10, 2013

The Journey Begins

    
    Spiritual light --understanding, knowledge, and/or enlightenment-- comes in a variety of ways which are best fit for each of us and the circumstances we are in. Some people receive light in a similar way to getting struck by lightning, it comes in a large quantity very suddenly, and in a very dramatic way. Others get it in a way that is like turning a light switch on, it comes suddenly but simply ...in a very un-miraculous way. As for me though it came like the rising of the sun, gradually and overtime, so the change was often unseen. I went from complete darkness to life giving light almost without realizing it because the change was so subtle. This was probably due to the fact that I was raised in an environment that allowed for me to learn from my earliest stages of life about the incredible love that our savior has for us and the gift that he has given us. As a result my faith is a part of who I am. It is so core to my being that it influences all I do and all I hope to become. It is why I gave two years of my life to sharing this incredible message of the restoration of the Gospel of Jesus Christ with some else because it is the very thing that brings joy into my life and peace to my soul. Life is journey down the road to enlightenment, and the joy is found in the journey. I hope to help anybody I can start their journey or continue down it. The journey of life starts and continues with a question. Questions push the limits of what we understand and enlarge our personal understanding. So, what question will you ask?
By: Elder Joshua Cordon

No comments:

Post a Comment