Thursday, November 28, 2013

It Hurts So Good

"For our light affliction, which is but for a moment, worketh for us a far more exceeding and eternal weight of glory;"
1 Corinthians 4:17 

As strange as it may sound we should be grateful for our trials and afflictions. That is what I am thankful for this Thanksgiving. As I look back on the short life I lived thus far, some of the most profound and life changing lessons that have shaped me into the man I am today happened at my lowest points; A time when I was finally desperate enough to hear and act. To hear the hard answer that God had been trying to give me, and act on that answer. Those trials taught me to rely on and trust God, and through him I became stronger than I ever was before. Trials mold us, trials shape us, and trials strengthen us so that we can stand against the winds of adversity. Just as a muscle never grows stronger without stress that causes it to tear, neither will we ever grow without adversity and trials that tear us down so we can grow stronger. I encourage all of you this wonderful Thanksgiving to be grateful for the trials in your life, and recognize them for the wonderful blessing that they are.

 "...we glory in tribulations also: knowing that tribulation worketh patience; And patience, experience; and experience, hope: And hope maketh not ashamed; because the love of God is shed abroad in our hearts by the Holy Ghost which is given unto us."
Romans 5:3-5 

No comments:

Post a Comment